- 1the moving ray. Inhaling sibilantly, Max leaped after her.
- 2from the eaves of the low surrounding buildings. A gravel
- 3novels, are in North Square, near St Peter's and the Corn
- 4by an iron-studded pair of doors, and gave himself up
- 5and was clear of the oily water, now, and upon a sort of
- 6to sit, the sceptre fell from the figure of King Charles
- 7to the valley of the Frome, and extends on the other in
- 8Two bridges stood near the lower part of Casterbridge
- 9Max realized that he must lower his head if he would follow.
- 10course, a play on the word Martin, which is an obsolete